AKA Ltd. opened its fix weigh station on 1st February 2007 on the left carriageway towards Budapest at chainage 71+500 km nearby Lajosmizse. The primary aim of the weigh station is to preserve the good condition of our public road and at the same time to facilitate accident-free traffic.
The operation process of the weigh station is
1. The truck driver observes the “Diverge to service lane” traffic sign and will be diverted to a parallel service lane.
2. The truck passes over the detectors that check keeping the 50 km/h speed limit and the 30-meter safety distance, then over the weigh-in-motion devices on the parallel service lane.
3. The truck driver gets a “Diverge to service lane” instruction via the VMS diverting him into the weigh station in the following cases:
• the axle load – any of them – exceeds the permitted limit
• the total weight of the truck exceeds the permitted limit
• the speed exceeds the permitted limit
• the vehicle’s safety distance is smaller than the permitted
In case the driver sees the “Diverge to service lane” sign, the driver has to change the lane and slow down to 10 km/h.
4. If the vehicle does not get the “Diverge to service lane” sign, the driver should head towards the motorway on the service lane.
5. The truck arrives in front of the scaling area, the driver sees here a 5 km/h speed limit traffic sign. In case of green light, the truck can drive onto the scale, at constant 3 to 5 km/h speed. Since the speed limit is too low to be indicated correctly by the vehicle’s speedometer, we installed a speed display in front of the vehicles passing by.
6. a. There is another sign behind the gross weight scale, which shows a red light. If the weighing process is successful (in case the vehicle is not overweight), the lamp turns green and an arrow indicating right lights up. The operator opens the exit barrier and the truck can leave the area of the weigh station.
6. b. In case the weighing process is unsuccessful (the vehicle is overweight), then the exit sign turns to green and an arrow indicates left, showing the way to the parking area.
After successfully rearranging the load or transferring a part of the load to another truck, the vehicle should be weighed again.
Due to reconstruction works Örkény rest area located at km chainage 54 on M5 Motorway in the direction of Szeged is closed.
Due to the danger of coronavirus, the rest areas at Lajosmizse interchange at km section 67, at Petőfiszállás at km section 121 and at Szatymaz at km section 151 on both sides of the motorway are available for the transit traffic.